Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lake Powell!!!

Well we just got back from our yearly trip to Lake Powell. We had so much fun, and Jaci LOVED it! Last year she SCREAMED when she had to put her life jacket ON, and this year she threw a HUGE temper tantrum when she had to take her life jacket OFF. She would have worn it the whole time if I'd let her. She is a little fishy! I guess it's time to get her in swimming lessons.
We went on the tube a ton and Jaci didn't ever want to get off that either. My dad started driving a little crazy, even with Jaci on it, but she would not get scared off of it. Everytime I asked her if she wanted to get off she'd say "no, no, no, no, no" or "hmm-mmm" and adamantly shake her head NO! She was so funny because she'd scream....after the bump was over, and just because we did!
The kids liked going to the beach and getting to be on stable land for a little while! The second time we went to a beach to play in sand, Jaci threw her biggest tantrum of the trip. She screamed bloody murder for at least 45 minutes straight. She did NOT want to get out of the water. Then she'd calm down and I'd take her life jacket off and she'd start all over again.
Wow! I'm so white I could be a vampire! Usually Lake Powell helps with that a little bit, but NO. I got a little burned a couple of days and then it went away...back to pasty white!
There are more pictures to come, including the annual "Tireless" life preserver picture, but those are on Caryn's camera, so I'll have to wait!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelcie said...

Such a fun trip! She was so funny!

Brianne said...

You look so cute. Ahhh, how I miss Lake Powell! Um, you need to call me.