Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baton Rouge



Well, we've been down South here in Baton Rouge in our new house for a few weeks now. It's getting close to being done and when it is (and clean) I'll take a few pictures. I've got to get it done really quickly since my mom is coming to visit on Wednesday! Yay! We want to be able to go do fun stuff and not unpack while she's here, so I've got to get the majority of it done in the next few days. Especially the guest room...that room's gotten a little neglected so far.

Jaci is finally settling in a little bit. She's getting more comfortable, although she does get a little bored. We stay home most of the time, but we do go to Target or Wal-Mart about once a day (those are the only placed I can finally get to without the GPS). That's about all we get out of the house though. We don't really know anyone yet to do anything with.

Jaci is growing up so fast. Her hair is getting longer and she loves watching "My Friends: Tigger and Pooh" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". Whenever they count anything she says "six, eight, eight, eight".

Bill is up to his ears in law school. He's at school from 8-5 every day and even goes to school some Saturdays. He seems to be enjoying most of it, although he says Criminal Law is pretty depressing. Right now we're a little stressed with our carpet. The washing machine was not put in correctly and it flooded. We ended up having to rip up most of the carpet and dry the padding underneath, which was SOAKED. We're finally almost back to normal.

That's about all I can think of to update. We're doing okay, and I'm starting to get used to it, although I still don't love it here. I'm told Baton Rouge grows on you!

0 comments: