Monday, April 21, 2008

Riding the Train



Saturday Jaci got to ride her first train. Bill's mom, Melanie, works for UTA (Utah Transit Authority) and they are opening up a train that goes from Salt Lake to Ogden, and eventually down to Provo. Last weekend was the family and friends weekend to ride for free, so we all decided to go. It is a very nice train and we had a good time. Jaci tried to get everyone's attention by screaming her high pitched ear shattering scream and trying to crawl down the stairs...it is a double decker train. We got off in Ogden and went to a couple museums while we waited for the return train. We visited an antique car museum with cars from the early 1900s. It was really cool. And then we visited the Browning gun museum, which all the guys loved.


In other news, two new teeth have broken through in Jaci's mouth. The top right canine and a top left molar. I'm checking every day for more. It's getting more dangerous to stick my finger in there to feel though. Jaci has gotten a lot more lovey too. She gives me big hugs and kisses all the time, and most of the time she doesn't even try to bite me when she kisses me anymore! She has loved getting to play outside on the days when it's warm in between the days that it snows (still). We actually got to have a picnic outside for dinner last week. She still hasn't started walking and will only take a couple steps when she's on the grass. Silly girl. She's getting tall too. She can reach things on shelves that I thought would be safe, but no, I'm going to have to do a little more baby proofing I guess. She has gotten a little more finicky about what she'll eat now too. She mostly sticks with waffles, fishy crackers, and mac and cheese. Needless to say, she loves CHEESE. I wonder who she takes after!!!

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Tell her to stop getting so big! Then tell your brother we need to come visit you and my sister soon!!!

How fun. UTA, oh good memories of taking the bus home from LDSBC...

Michael and Dena said...

She is getting so big. I can't belive she is starting to try to walk. She is way cute. It sounds like you guys are having fun.

Anne said...

Jill your little girl is adorable! I'm so glad you said hello!

JenJen said...

Hey you!! Its Jen How are you? Yeah I have two kids isn't that crazy. And your sweet baby is adorable. I have a sister-in-law named Jacy very cute. So you are living in Utah so cold!! When you are down we should hang out! Or for sure keep in touch and be blog friends!! Thanks for saying Hi. It's great to hear from you.

Rhonda said...

She's so big! I can't believe it! How fun.. a train ride!