Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 Times the Owie

So, I see what happens when someone other than me watches my sweet little girl. She comes home with some sort of a scrape and a black eye on her left eye. Now, I'm not saying I'm perfect, but this has happened twice now. The picture above shows when she fell off of a diving board at my sister's friend's house and scraped her face along the brick. (Don't worry Kelcie, I'm still not mad at you!) Kelcie took her to her friend's house to go swimming and Jaci wanted to jump off the diving board like the big kids! Kelcie felt horrible and cried for like half an hour after it happened because she felt so bad. I love you Kelc!

This time happened last night. I went to Book Club with my friend Erin. (I don't normally go, but they were discussing "The Hunger Games" and I loved the book, so I decided to go.) Anyway, Bill took Jaci over to Adam and Erin's house to play with their son Daniel while we were gone. And I came back to Jaci with this little butterfly bandaid thing by her eye. Apparently, Bill had some ice cream in a mug and Jaci dove for it and hit her eye. It was a blunt edge, so she must have hit it really hard. Poor baby. When I tried to clean it she just sat still and whimpered. It was so sad!

This is what it looked like when she got up this morning. It spread into a little black eye. So now that's the 2nd one in two weeks! I asked her if she's a big tough girl and she says, "Yes, I a big tough girl". Luckily, it hasn't bothered her too much!

5 comments:

Jones Family said...

Ah, that's so sad:(

adamanderin said...

OMG!!! I can't believe it was that bad! I guess that's what happens when we leave husbands in charge of the little ones! I hope she feels better!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

OUCH!! Double ouch!! In hubby's defense: After my many adventures to the ER this summer, I learned that if your child has one accident, they are more prone to fall for the following two weeks. Please don't let this stop you from coming to the next book club! I had fun with you there.

Caryn said...

Berk says "Dat Jaci. One two three Jaci's" He didn't seem to noctice her owie, or maybe he thought if he pointed it out he'd get blamed... ha ha

Sorry Big Girl!

Rhonda said...

Awww, poor girl! Look at her luck, the same eye both times!