Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Watermelon Skirt

We've had a busy week! Bill's parents were in town and we had a great time with them! We miss them already! We went up to Mississippi to visit with Big Bill's family and down to New Orleans for a crawfish boil with Melanie's family. Big Bill and I had a good time on the shooting range, and Melanie and I went shopping just about everywhere. They were in town for a wedding an dwe had a wonderful visit! On one rare quiet night during their visit (during the rehearsal dinner when I couldn't get a babysitter), I threw together this little skirt. I think it is adorable! I saw a baby bib like this and I figured I could make a cute watermelon skirt. I LOVE IT! It is so perfectly summery! I have a candle from Gold Canyon that smells like watermelon jolly ranchers and it helped inspire this skirt.


We are so excited for this coming week too because my grandparents are coming out from Arizona for a visit! I can't wait to see Nana and Bopy for a few days! We'll probably be doing a lot of driving...my grandpa wants to go see just about every plantation and antebellum home within 75 miles! We're excited to play tourguide and eat yummy food!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I LOVE the skirt! You definitely got Nana's sewing genes! You made a couple outfits that I'd love for Miss Y. Seriously, no excuses. Playdate when you get here! Call me asap for an appt!

Jones Family said...

That skirt is so cute! I love it! YOu are quite the seamstress:)

Brianne said...

I love the skirt Jill. Sorry I haven't emailed, I have been sooo busy. I can't believe how long Jaci's hair is getting.

Kelcie said...

You did so good on the skirt! It is adorable! And I didn't know that Nana and Bopy were going to see you! No fair! I can't wait to see you guys on the 22nd!